Sunday 25 April 2010

First post!

Hello,
I have recently been told I am suffering from Chiari type 1 malformation (CM)

This blog will be updated regularly with what happens as I find more about what is happening inside my head!
I wanted this to be from the view point of someone in the UK, as all the other blogs seemed to be by American people. I couldn't find one from an NHS point of view.

This first post will be all about what I know so far.

About a year ago I started suffering from a weakness in my right hand. It then developed from a weakness to a clawing of my ring and little fingers.



Not an amazing picture and for some reason it is mirrored, but this is as far as I can straighten my little finger.

I had tonnes of tests done, 2 nerve conduction studies, too many blood tests and an MRI of my shoulder.
The nerve conduction studies showed nothing, as did the MRI.
The blood tests showed I was suffering from very low vitamin B12 and folate levels.
The neurologists recommend splinting and regular physio.

So I got a horrid splint and had one session of physio.

That's when my chiari adventure began on the 31st March 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment