Monday 6 September 2010

Positive Feelings!

POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS TO SAY TO OURSELVES WHEN WE NEED TO BE ASSERTIVE:

- I am not a victim.
- I have no duty to be perfect.
- If I can't decide which of two choices to pick, perhaps my choice should be something else.
- I have a right to make up my own mind.
- I have a right to ignore the advice of others, even if I asked for that advice.
- Respecting other people's views does not mean I have to agree.
- My time is valuable, too.
- I deserve the time and space to heal.
- I am a very valuable person.

A LIST OF RIGHTS:

- You have a right to put yourself first.
- You have a right to make mistakes.
- You have a right to be the final judge of your feelings and to accept them as legitimate.
- You have a right to have your own opinions and convictions.
- You have a right to change your mind or decide on a different course of action.
- You have a right to protest unfair treatment or criticism.
- You have a right to interrupt people in order to ask for clarification.
- You have a right to negotiate for change.
- You have a right to ask for help or emotional support.
- You have a right to feel and express pain.
** Mentally I'm coping, emotionally I'm adjusting, and physically, well, two out of three ain't bad. **

No comments:

Post a Comment